Benefits of textile rental
Nobody can deny the advantages of renting from a textile services company, as opposed to owning textiles. A long-term commitment with a textile services company will provide your business with the peace of mind of knowing that every aspect of managing the textiles your company uses is being taken care of for you.
Textile rental services can offer great benefits to many businesses in the manufacturing, services, food, medical, elderly care and facilities management industries. Rental allows you to focus on your core business, saving you both time and money, as well as avoiding the hidden costs of ownership or disposables.
What does 'full service' textile rental offer?
When your business chooses to rent textiles or your employees' workwear and protective garments from an ETSA member company, you benefit from a full service which reaches far beyond the initial selection of the textiles.
Full service means that the textile services company will, on behalf of your business:
- invest in textiles and inventory management
- select appropriate workwear for each individual and adjust to changing employee numbers
- manage your textile stocks and organise their collection and delivery schedule to suit your business
- sort, wash, dry, finish and ensure quality control of textiles
- make sure that your textiles are laundered hygienically
- ensure the protective properties of textiles are maintained intact
- repair or replace damaged textiles at the end of their lifetime
- ensure that your textiles meet all the relevant regulatory standards (ISO, CEN)
- make sure that your legal responsibility for safeguarding your employees' workwear is met
In comparison, if your business chooses to purchase textiles, all you decide on is which textiles to buy, but you get no further service to ensure the safety of your employees. Read more
Be aware of the total cost of owner your own textiles
Owning textiles rather than renting them can have surprising hidden costs as well as logistical challenges. When you examine the costs in detail and over the full life-time of the textile, the advantages of rental far outweigh the many hidden costs and risks associated with ownership.